A Guide To Window Cleaning Van Insurance

/, Window Cleaning Van Insurance/A Guide To Window Cleaning Van Insurance

Window Cleaning Van Insurance

Window cleaning van insurance is a must for all cleaning companies having vehicles used for the business. It can be easy to overlook insuring your commercial vehicles when you have so many other things to contend with. However, if you have an accident, especially a serious accident, you can find yourself in a huge amount of trouble.

The vast majority of cleaning insurance policies will cover the likes of injuries to your employees and customers, as well as damage to clients’ properties caused by products used. However, you will need a separate insurance plan for your commercial vehicles.

This insurance is a legal requirement and not something your business can ignore; it is vital to ensure the smooth running of your company. Could you afford to be without your window cleaning van? Would you be able to cover the costs of any damage? It is not worth taking the risk.

You are advised to secure your insurance policy from a company that specialises in window cleaning insurance, as opposed to a general insurance business. There are lots of insurance providers that offer commercial vehicle insurance, however, a specialist cleaners insurance provider will devise a policy that allows for the use and transportation of cleaning equipment. This is especially important for fixed equipment such as water fed pole systems as if the presence of this equipment is not disclosed it would often invalidate the insurance in the event of a claim.

Standards policies, in most cases do not cater for such equipment and, therefore, if your van were stolen, you would need to cover the cost of the missing equipment. By working with a specialist provider, you know that the policy is completely tailored to suit your requirements.

Aside from this, it is important to be aware of any policy restrictions on your window cleaning van insurance. For example, a lot of companies will not cover any drivers under the age of 19 or 21 years old. Of course, this all depends on the provider, and thus you will need to discuss this with them.